April 18, 2009

2009 Hong Kong and Macau Trip

Got to travel to Hong Kong and Macau! I love Hong Kong because they have a great transportation system. Just get a map and you wouldn't get lost. So far they have one of the best airports in the world. I wasn't able to make an itinerary for this trip because our family is used to Hong Kong so we just decided on what to do when we got there. We haven't gone to Disneyland and Macau, so that was basically what we planned. Go to those places and go shopping the rest of our trip. 

My Nokia e71 with Hong Kong Map
We stayed in Cosmopolitan Hotel. It's in Wan Chai along Queen's Road East. I think it's a 4-star hotel so it's a bit pricey. I usually prefer 3-star hotels or any hotel as long as it's clean. But I was traveling with family so can't do it my way. I have a nokia e71 with me that time so what I did was I downloaded a map of Hong Kong. My phone has a built-in map software where you can use even without internet connection. It was very useful and convenient. 

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
Hong Kong Disneyland Train Station
First day, we just met with some relatives and went shopping. The next day we went to Hong Kong Disneyland. Never been to one before so I was very excited. I'm a Disney fan and I love Disney characters. We went there by MTR subways. Hong Kong Disneyland has its own subway line which is the Disneyland Resort Line. My relatives told me that many locals go there once in a while because it is very easy to go to. Know more about my visit to Hong Kong Disneyland

Day Trip of Macau from Hong Kong
Macau's Saint Paul Ruins
Our friends said that Macau is small so we could just go there by ferry boat from Hong Kong on a day tour. So that's what we did. Even though Macau is now part of China, they still require passports so don't forget to bring yours. Macau has lots of newly built Vegas hotels and many are not yet completed. We were lucky to meet a Filipino driver that took us on a private tour of Macau, which was convenient and fast. We went to some famous hotels like MGM Grand, Wynn and The Venetian. Read more about my short tour of Macau

Shopping in Hong Kong
Digital Hub Logo at Sham Shui Po
Hong Kong offers wide variety of shopping malls and night markets. We usually shop until midnight. I'm the only boy in the family so I don't really have a choice. But I did love Tsim Sha Tsui or TST and Sham Shui Po, both located in Kowloon. Sham Shui Po is known for its electronic and gadget shops. Best place to look for laptops, cellphones and digital cameras. 


Airport Express Services
Inside the Airport Express Train
Airport Express LCD Screens Displays Stations
I went home earlier than the rest of my family so I decided to take the Airport Express Service. I went to the Kowloon station of Airport Express and went directly to Airport Station. Took me just a few minutes to get to the airport. It was quite and seats are very comfortable. 

Popeye's Chicken at Hong Kong Airport
Before boarding the plane I ate at Popeye's. Haven't seen one in a long time. Weird is that they don't have spoon or forks. So I had to eat it with my hands. Yummy!

No comments: